Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hooters On a Bun

Last night I made the "slow cooker buffalo chicken" from my Delicioso board. I pinned this from Emilybites.com. If you don't follow her on pinterest I highly recommend that you do, her recipes are amazing! I have tried 3 or 4 and my family and I have loved them all. This recipe is super simple and delicious but not for the faint of heart or for pregnant women unless you are 9 month along and ready to meet your Mini Me. It is spicy! My husband and I love spicy, we love to cover everything from mac and cheese to scrambled eggs in Tapatio or Frank's Red Hot Sauce and this recipe left us both reaching for a tall glass of milk and tissue for our eyes. I am not sure if cooking the sauce slowly in the Crock pot all day brings out the full boldness of flavor but it was spicy even for us. In my recipe I omitted the ranch dressing (not huge ranch eaters in my house) and instead used 4oz of light cream cheese. I used 2 frozen chicken breasts and half a bottle of Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce along with the cream cheese and served it on mini french rolls. It made 6 small slider style sandwiches. It was so good my husband and I were eating threw our tears. Each slider has a little over 200 calories, 14.2 grams of protein, 21 grams of carbs and 6.5 grams of fat. Total cost $1.65 per slider, not too shabby if you compare it to what the other place in town charges, but then again you do get a view at the other place. I live with 4 boys so they might find it worth the extra money to head there for some buffalo chicken!
Till next pin!
T.Sadd

Emilybites.com
Fun Fact- Frank's Red Hot Sauce was used in the original recipe for the buffalo sauce used to make the first buffalo wings at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York almost 50 years ago! The other ingredients are a guarded family secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment