Saturday, May 11, 2013

Coo Coo For Coconuts

momsreview4you.com
Since tomorrow is Mother's Day I decided to Make A. Coconut Crusted French Toast from my Facebook post today since I will be heading to brunch with my four favorite guys tomorrow. I am going to a start off by saying for many many years I thought I had a food sensitivity to coconuts, it started about 10 years ago when my mom took me out for a mother/daughter dinner at a Thai restaurant, that night I developed a severe stomach ache. At the time I did not make the connection to the food. A couple years later we ate at a noodle place and I had the coconut curry bowl, while it was delicious (I ate every last drop) that night again I had a terrible stomach ache. Since then I completely cut out any type of coconut, but with the coconut craze sweeping the country something like this was bound to happen; my dad had no knowledge of my aversion to coconut, he handed me a piece of toast with a sweet white cream on it, I thought that maybe it was a custard. No it was coconut, I almost went into a ball right then and there expecting to have horrendous stomach cramping. Much to my surprise nothing, not even flatulence! I am still not sure why Thai food gives me a stomach ache but I am thanking Baby Jesus it is not coconut, for the past few years I have missed out on this creamy sweet fruit and let me tell you I am making up for lost time! My sister and her boyfriend who really should be world renowned chefs make a Caribbean jerk bean and rice dish that I really cannot wait to try! Anyway onto the recipe I used whole wheat bread, a cup of milk, 3 eggs, Cinnamon and vanilla. Mine did not look like the picture, I think for appearances the coconut in the picture was added after the bread had been cooked. The coconut was toasted and more of a golden brown, also they were a little soggy so I would recommend less milk and more egg. Total calories for one slice: 272. Cheers to coconut and all it's health benefits!
Till Next Blog,
T.Sadd

P.S. More and more studies are showing that coconut oil may actually raise your HDL (good) cholesterol.

No comments:

Post a Comment