Sunday, May 5, 2013

Breakfast Grilled Cheese

FitFromConception
As promised I made B from my Facebook post, it was some serious yummy. I went to the store on Friday to get the ingredients because yesterday I had a training in San Diego to become a fitness instructor, the training was from 8-5 and is about a 90 minute drive from where I live, in other words I knew I wouldn't have time to go to the store yesterday. Any who, my kids found the blueberries in the fridge and while I was not here I am guessing they were completely gone in under a minute, not going to lie I am kinda proud these kids like fruits and veggies. I had also picked up a carton of organic strawberries too just in case the A option (coconut crusted french toast) made a last minute come back, so I used those instead. This is how I made the sandwiches; 1oz softened 1/3 less fat cream cheese mixed with a little stevia, 2 slices whole wheat bread and about 3 strawberries. First I spread the cream cheese mixture on then added the strawberries and placed them on the grilling pan for about a minute and a half on each side. The cream cheese and strawberries almost melted together in a symphony of flavor, so yum! Total calories: 200. I would recommend, and this is what I will do next time, is make it open faced and serve it as a side with maybe some scrambled eggs or a smoothie it was not terribly filling and you save 60 calories off the total. I am going to look into getting a grilled cheese maker cause you know how I love my grilled cheese!
As my four year old would say,
"Bon Appetit"
Till Next blog,
T.Sadd

Stay tuned next Sunday Funday I am going to make the coconut crusted french toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment